sudo never asks me for a password

Kamil Kisiel kamil at kamilkisiel.net
Fri Nov 23 19:09:40 PST 2007

On 11/23/07, Christopher Cowart <ccowart at rescomp.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 03:43:39PM -0800, Kamil Kisiel wrote:
> > For some reason, on this particular FreeBSD machine, sudo never asks
> > me for a password, even if I haven't logged in for days.
> >
> > I've been struggling with this problem for some time but still haven't
> > been able to find a solution. Any ideas?
>
> Maybe something is misconfigured in your pam stack? Check
> /etc/pam.d/sudo.
>
> --
> Chris Cowart
> Lead Systems Administrator
> Network & Infrastructure Services, RSSP-IT
> UC Berkeley

Hi Christopher,

/etc/pam.d/sudo looks like this:

#
# $FreeBSD: src/etc/pam.d/su,v 1.16 2003/07/09 18:40:49 des Exp $
#
# PAM configuration for the "su" service
#

# auth
auth            sufficient      pam_rootok.so           no_warn
auth            sufficient      pam_self.so             no_warn
auth            requisite       pam_group.so            no_warn
group=wheel root_only fail_safe
auth            include         system

# account
account         include         system

# session
session         required        pam_permit.so

--
Kamil