Using brandelf

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Tue Nov 20 20:24:52 PST 2007

Can you use brandelf to read the elf type of a binary?  The man page
shows a usage that might possibly do this, but doesn't bother to say
what that usage does.

To be honest, I need to do some work with the linux stuff, and the usage
of /compat/linux and /usr/compat/linux, well, I don't understand, and I
haven't seen a good enough explanation yet.  Stuff like the ld.so.conf
file to configure linux's ldconfig, it assumes the /compat/linux prefix.
  Do all the binaries do that?  I mean, the browser files, they use a sh
scri[t to kick them off, do they use that prefix, or assume stuff?

I need to know this so I can keep going forward on getting flash to work.