Build Frustrations

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Tue Nov 20 11:26:05 PST 2007

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

>> This allowed apache2-non-ports to compile.  However the question in my
>> mind that still bears answering is: why apr would FIND such a library as
>> installed (i.e. not fail at configure-time) but then fail to compile.
>> I.e. why does the APR not set CFLAGS and LDFLAGS correctly.

> This you should post to dev at apr.apache.org, I might even answer it
> there, but the answer lies in the configure script logic which was
> chosen very carefully.

I have done so.  Also, I think I can confirm that if I unsetenv those two
variables my build will again fail -- if you have additional commands
you'd like me to run, for diagnostic or testing purposes -- or hell, if
you want a shell, please just let me know.

-Dan Mahoney

--

"You're a nomad billygoat!"

-Juston, July 18th, 2002