OT: VIA-EK disabling shared memory

Erik Norgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Mon Nov 19 14:56:31 PST 2007

Hi:

I got a VIA EPIA-EK board which has some advanced settings for graphics,
you can toggle how much shared memory to allocate for graphics. Nice,
but my device won't have a display so I'd like not to allocate any.

There is an option for disabling shared memory, but then the system
won't boot. It hangs and I can't even enter the bios. So, I guess I have
to find the magic combination with other options.

The manual only lists the options and recommends not to mess with them
unless you know what you're doing. There is no mention on how to get the
disable-shared-memory to work.

Any one got a clue?

Thanks, Erik

--