FreeBSD router and WCCP

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at FreeBSD.org
Sun Nov 18 07:17:33 PST 2007

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 12:48:52PM -0500, Steve Bertrand wrote:
> Does anyone know of a way to configure WCCP redirect support into a
> FreeBSD based router without having to install squid?

I've only used FreeBSD as a WCCPv1/v2 sink (receiver), but you
can try sending out packets out of gre(4). That should probably
work.

If you're trying to redirect traffic to another machine running
squid, consider avoiding WCCP, it's not a very bright protocol.