CD's and fonts....

Michael Rudolph michael.rudolph at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 16:26:55 PST 2007

On Sunday 11 November 2007 23:55:50 Gary Kline wrote:
> 	After many tries , my secoond burner finally opopened a CD full
> 	of hundreds of TTF fonts.  I don't know how to use the graphics
> 	widget to move the contents of /media/cdrom/1 to <<whereever>>
> 	so that all these fonts are usable by both  AbiWord and OOo-2.3.
> 	(On my Ubuntu platform I used the command line to  copy from
> 	/cdrom/*.ttf to /usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts/.  )
>
> 	I am using the OOo font wizard to install the few M$ free fonts,
> 	but sem to be missing BASIC.  [[???]].  At any rate, any tips or
> 	insights would be very much appreciated here.
>
> 	tia,
>
> 	gary

Hi Gary,

as far as I know, you are using KDE, which makes things pretty easy. You
can just use Konqueror to browse to your fonts and use the appropriate
option in the context menu to install the selected fonts.

If you want to do the font installation by hand, as you described, you
have to make sure that X is aware of the directory where your font
files reside and that the directory is properly prepared. This is best
described in the handbook:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-fonts.html

I hope that helps.

michael