what changed recently with browser plugins?

Jonathan Horne freebsd at dfwlp.com
Sun Nov 11 06:52:57 PST 2007

i want to say it was early to mid-october, that standard opera and firefox
stopped working (upon upgrade) with the plugins (flash).  previously, most
flash that i would encounter worked fine in opera, which was my preference
since java (such as weathermaps on www.noaa.gov) worked without a hitch as
well.

now that time has passed, flashplugin has stopped working with standard opera,
and now that im woefully using linux-opera, the java stuff doesnt work like i
would expect.

is there anyway to get my updated system to behave like it used to? (mostly
pertaining to flash, as java still works right under 'standard' opera).

thanks,
--
Jonathan Horne
http://dfwlpiki.dfwlp.org