[freebsd-questions] Can't build php5? - Builds now, but doesn't work due to gd.so

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Wed May 23 07:25:07 UTC 2007

On Tue, 22 May 2007 15:02:24 -0400
Patrick Baldwin <Patrick.Baldwin at studsvikscandpower.com> wrote:

> My first though was to rebuild, but I've done that twice now, once by
> just rebuilding php5 and php5-extentions, and once trying portupgrade
> -rR php5-2.2.  I re-read the docs on portupgrade, as far as I can
> tell, my command line should have rebuilt everything php5 related
> in my whole tree.

you may have to add -f to make sure it gets rebuilt even if it doesnt have to -
portupgrade wont upgrade a package to the same version otherwise.

btw, it seems you are having some problems with the symbols defined / used by
php5-gd or gd libraries themselves. If i were you, i'd uninstall php5-gd,
verify everything else works , and then focus on the gd issue. a force rebuild
of gd and its depending libraries should do the trick.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will want to use it."
   George Bernard Shaw

Warned.