samba and vista computers

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Thu Mar 29 18:37:01 UTC 2007

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 13:30:40 -0400
Gerald Freymann <gerry at interpool.ca> wrote:

> Now that I have my nice new HP OfficeJet 5610 printer here, I'm
> trying to print to it remotely (it's connected to my Vista Home
> Premium computer).
>
> smbclient doesn't seen to want to co-operate.
>
> smbclient in free(): error: junk pointer, too high to make sense
> Abort trap: 6 (core dumped)
>
> I've got
>
> samba-3.0.23c_2,1
> samba-libsmbclient-3.0.23c
>
> installed. Trying to use CUPS and APSFILTER. Not having any luck :-(

Check the output of 'smbclient'. Make sure that samba can see your
shared printer. See 'man smbclient' for further information.

I am really surprised that apsfilter does not work. I have never had a
problem with it printing to a remote printer on a Windows based machine.

--
Gerard

I used to be an agnostic, but now I'm not so sure.