How Write To Win Drive?

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Wed Mar 28 12:22:11 UTC 2007

Stan Cooper wrote:
> Roland Smith <rsmith at xs4all.nl> wrote:Try /usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-ntfs
> instead. It's newer and is supposed to support writing.
>
> Hmm. Well, there's no such port in FBSD.

Are you certain?

[kadmin at archangel][/usr/ports]
uname -s
FreeBSD

[kadmin at archangel][/usr/ports]
ll IN*6
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  9888013 Feb  6 09:33 INDEX-6

[kadmin at archangel][/usr/ports]
ll sysutils/fusefs-ntfs
total 1
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  1075 Feb 20 21:25 Makefile
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel   214 Feb 20 21:25 distinfo
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel   512 Jan 21 02:09 files/
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel   354 Dec  5 16:56 pkg-descr
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel   840 Dec  5 16:15 pkg-plist

And that's well over a month old.  According to freshports.org,
this port was added on December 6th.

> There is such a port,
> however, available from Absolute FBSD.

AFAIK, this is a book, not an operating system.  Perhaps
Michael mentioned how to compile this from scratch in his
book?

> So I d/l'd it and all
> the "required to build" products. I checked to see if
> libtool15 was built on my system. It was, so I didn't
> bother with that. I built out fusefs-libs, then fusefs-kmod,
> all successfully. However, when I tried to compile fusefs-ntfs,
> I got an error and was referred to the d/l page
> < http://freeports.org/sysutils/fusefs-ntfs > for information...
> which only seems to tell me I need to build the other products
> (which I just built) first. Perhaps this doesn't work on FBSD?

I wouldn't know; but I'd try the port, because if it failed
I might get some support from this community.

KDK
--
A few hours grace before the madness begins again.