another jail question

Meenoo Shivdasani meenoo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 21:48:09 UTC 2007

On 3/24/07, Jonathan Horne <freebsd at dfwlp.com> wrote:
> is there a way to configure a jail to use more than one ip address?  in the same sense of configuring an alias ip for any other freebsd host?

As others have posted, not without either doing IP address
manipulation or using the patches available out there.

In terms of working around the issue, I guess it depends on what
you're trying to accomplish.  In a situation where I wanted a jail
host to have an internal private address and an external public
address, the problem was solved by assigning the private address to
the jail and then using a firewall to redirect connections destined to
the public address in to the private address.

I'll also add my voice to the recommendations to use ezjail -- it does
all the heavy lifting for you.