help on picking an IMAP server

David Banning david+dated+1175007149.cc2595 at skytracker.ca
Thu Mar 22 15:27:09 UTC 2007

> You must have been doing something wrong.  I have Dovecot in multiple
> places and never had any trouble creating folders/subfolders.
>
> I use Maildir format for my mail store, for multiple reasons that you
> can research via Google if you're curious.  Perhaps the Maildir support
> is better than mbox.  If that's the case, you may want to consider
> switching to Maildir -- there is at least one mbox -> Maildir conversion
> utility out there.

Hi Bill.

I have Googled away and found lots of people who complain that they can't
creat subfolders under dovecot. I havn't seen anyone's problem resolved
in the theads. I have converted mbox to Maildir. I attempt to create
a subfolder from within Outlook - no go. How are you creating
the subfolders?