CPUTYPE for VIA EPIA M-Series Mini-ITX

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Thu Mar 15 01:44:23 UTC 2007

I have one of these

CPU: VIA C3 Nehemiah (999.52-MHz 686-class CPU)
   Origin = "CentaurHauls"  Id = 0x691  Stepping = 1
   Features=0x380b035<FPU,DE,TSC,MSR,MTRR,PGE,CMOV,MMX,FXSR,SSE>

http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/mainboards/motherboards.jsp?
motherboard_id=81

And 6.2-RELEASE p2

When I set CPUTYPE=c3 in /etc/make.conf the world seemed to build
just fine, but (at least) gcc ended up broken.  Most compiling
attempts after that ended up with gcc reporting an internal error.

Now that I've entered the FreeBSD world and am building everything
from source, I would like to take advantage of that by compiling for
my system.

Does anyone have a similar system?  And what CPUTYPE or local tuning
do you recommend?

A dmesg for the system is available at

   http://ntp0.goldmark.org/temp/dmesg

Cheers,