No matter what I try I can't get Nvidia 3d acceleration to work. Please help!

hxc at planet.nl hxc at planet.nl
Tue Mar 13 20:42:43 UTC 2007

Pieter de Goeje wrote:

> Ok, the only other reason I can think of right now is that your motherboard's
> agp chipset isn't supported by the nvidia driver. In that case you'll need to
> load the FreeBSD agp driver and recompile the nvidia driver with support for
> freebsd's agp driver.
>
> # cd /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver
> # make config
> check "FREEBSD_AGP"
> # make clean
> # make deinstall reinstall clean
>
> Also, you need to go back to the "GENERIC" kernel w/ agp included, or load agp
> by specifying agp_load="yes" in /boot/loader.conf.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Pieter de Goeje

I recompiled the kernel with AGP support enabled. The FreeBSD agp driver
yields the same results. Meaning the same error message* and the same
fps :-( . Maybe it is an idea to upgrade the kernel? I searched for a
good howto but couldn't find anything useful. Who knows a link with more
information about this?

*login: NVRM: AGP cannot be enabled on this combination of the AMD CPU
and OS kernel
NVRM: kernel upgrade recommended.