Problems with SSH and Realtek driver

Alexander Schlichting alex at cshw.net
Tue Mar 13 19:44:03 UTC 2007

I had a problem with the sshd disconnecting incoming connections after a few
seconds of inactivity. I tried a lot and found no solution for this so I
ended up with trying the latest driver from here :
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1
<http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFi
d=4&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true>
&PNid=13&PFid=4&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true
and since the driver is from mid November last year I did not expect it to
be any better. I actually expected FreeBSD to have that driver with the
kernel but it seems like it's not. After installing this driver all my
problems are gone. The problem is I have to install 4 servers with the same
Realtek NIC. What would be the best way to do this and to compile the driver
static with the kernel. I would like to avoid loading it as a module for
every server. Does a snapshot release maybe have the latest Realtek driver ?

-Alex