Apache, php?

Jack Barnett jackbarnett at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 05:04:09 UTC 2007

FreeBSD 6.2
Apache 1.3.37 (from ports)
php 5.2.3 (from ports)

on the command line doing `php index.php` works.
But if I use it though a web browser it just displays the php code.

I installed it like this (extensions to)
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/04/14/installing-web-server-in-freebsd-60-with-apache-22-mysql-50-and-php-5-part-5/

The only difference is that I'm using 1.3 and not 2.x of Apache.

Apache config below
Installing 2.x isn't an option yet (test server, still need 1.3)

    fire2# grep -i php *
    httpd.conf:AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
    httpd.conf:AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
    httpd.conf:    <IfModule mod_php3.c>
    httpd.conf:        <IfModule mod_php4.c>
    httpd.conf:            DirectoryIndex index.php index.php3 index.html
    httpd.conf:        <IfModule !mod_php4.c>
    httpd.conf:            DirectoryIndex index.php3 index.html
    httpd.conf:    <IfModule !mod_php3.c>
    httpd.conf:        <IfModule mod_php4.c>
    httpd.conf:            DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
    httpd.conf:        <IfModule !mod_php4.c>
    httpd.conf:    <IfModule mod_php3.c>
    httpd.conf:     AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
    httpd.conf:     AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .php3s