Upgrading to 6.2-RELEASE from 6.2-STABLE

Mark Stout mark_stout04 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 02:37:05 UTC 2007

I couldn't load da0s1a even though /dev/da0s1a is my root drive.  Manually load my old kernel from the prompt worked.

I believe the mountroot is during the boot load.  I'm not anywhere near being able to do anything.

I have no idea what the problem is.

 [jackbarnett at gmail.com] wrote:

no idea, but maybe:
    boot /boot/kernel/kernel
or
    boot /boot/kernel.old/kernel

What is 'mountroot' - is that the boot loader or the kernel/system
giving you that?

try mounting your root drive!

do a `df -k`, anything already mounted?

oh!  or try: