megacli and PERC5 (PowerEdge 1950) on 6.2

Brian A. Seklecki bseklecki at collaborativefusion.com
Tue Jun 12 22:55:36 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 11:54 -0400, Jonathan Delgado wrote:
> The patches seem to have made their way into 6_RELENG yesterday
> (6/6/07).
>
> I did a fresh rebuild on one of my 1950s with 6_RELENG and it seems
> to now work as expected. Hopefully this makes it's way into the next
> release. I don't follow things close enough to get a sense of if this
> is the type of change that could get merged into 6.2 (it would be
> nice though).
>
> On a quasi-related note, I'm not how many people out there are using
> MegaCli in order to do some Nagios-based monitoring, but I wrote my
> own humble Nagios plugin for it and it is at http://www.techno-
> obscura.com/~delgado/weblog/archives/2007/06/check_megaraid.html
> (there is a check_perc5i plugin on Nagios Exchange, but I had issues

I actually updated Nicola's code to make it work on FreeBSD/amd64:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Hardware.56.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[page]=10%3A10

I posted my changes back to nagiosexchange, as I encourage you
(Jonathan) to do so the same (hopefully the Apache license is okay with
this):

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Hardware.56.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=1007&tx_netnagext_pi1[page]=10%3A10

~BAS

P.S. Nicola, nick Dick Cheney post on your blog.  Also, be sure to check
out "Jose Chung’s From Outer Space".  Season 3, Episode 20.

~BAS

--
Brian A. Seklecki <bseklecki at collaborativefusion.com>
Collaborative Fusion, Inc.

IMPORTANT: This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If the reader of this message is not an intended recipient (or the individual responsible for the delivery of this message to an intended recipient), please be advised that any re-use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is prohibited.  Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.