megacli and PERC5 (PowerEdge 1950) on 6.2

Jonathan Delgado delgado at molbio.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Jun 7 16:17:59 UTC 2007

The patches seem to have made their way into 6_RELENG yesterday
(6/6/07).

I did a fresh rebuild on one of my 1950s with 6_RELENG and it seems
to now work as expected. Hopefully this makes it's way into the next
release. I don't follow things close enough to get a sense of if this
is the type of change that could get merged into 6.2 (it would be
nice though).

On a quasi-related note, I'm not how many people out there are using
MegaCli in order to do some Nagios-based monitoring, but I wrote my
own humble Nagios plugin for it and it is at http://www.techno-
obscura.com/~delgado/weblog/archives/2007/06/check_megaraid.html
(there is a check_perc5i plugin on Nagios Exchange, but I had issues
with it so I wrote my own). I have been using it with my Linux
systems so far, but look forwarding to being able to slap it on our
new FreeBSD boxes now.

-Jonathan

--
Jonathan Delgado, Systems Manager
Molecular Biology Labs, Massachusetts General Hospital