Spamassassin RBL's

Reko Turja reko.turja at liukuma.net
Tue Jun 12 09:42:56 UTC 2007

>> The directive above tells  postfix to add information into
>> headers that tell Amavis the mail was sent by someone who was
>> authenticated by the system and thus trusted.
>
> I expect that the above mentionned headers cannot be forged. Else
> that
> would be a nice way for spam to avoid filtering.
>
> Beside, I am not sure it is a good measure to disable Amavis for any
> email. First goal of amavis is virus scanning, even a
> trusted/authenticated sender could have his machine infected and
> could
> be spreading viruses.

Using the header above of course implies that the machine running
postfix will relay to amavis only on loopback, not via regular IP - or
using other method that can be counted as secure. And of course for
viruses authenticating via SASL using encrypted authentication and
real user/password pair isn't usually successful :)

IMHO mail gateway isn't the point of checking whether machines inside
are virus free or not. There should be other practises used on
workstations ensuring that the inside environment is virus free at any
given moment.

-Reko