Confused about dhclient .conf and -script..

Rob r17fbsd at xxiii.com
Tue Jun 12 00:56:29 UTC 2007

B. Cook wrote:
> After reading way more about isc-dhcpd than I wanted to, I found out
> that I can customize /etc/dhclient.conf (great).  I found a great
> dhclient.conf but it seemed to do things that I could not get my FreeBSD
> box(es) to do.

I'm not quite sure what problems you're experiencing, but here's the one I use to configure a secondary interface to a cable tv isp:

interface "fxp0" {
           supersede domain-name "mydomain.com";
           supersede domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;
           prepend routers 208.34.1.33;
           request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, routers;
       }

And of course:  fconfig_fxp0="DHCP"   in rc.conf

I just want an address for it, I DON'T want their Hostname or DNS, so the supersede lines prevent it from replacing those.  You probably want to remove those.

  -RW