Problem installing FreeBSD 6.2 on laptop

Harriet Severino severino42 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 14:12:43 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am getting an error message, and do not know how to fix the problem.
I have a new Intel Celeron laptop, and want to run FreeBSD on it. I
chose the standard installation for user + Xwindows. After teh
insytallation I configured Xorg, by section 5 of the documantation. The
test worked, and I made no changes to the config files.

$ uname -a
FreeBSD severino.home 6.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE #0: Fri Jan 12
11:05:30 UTC 2007 root at dessler.cse.buffalo.edu:
/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SMP i385

The error message comes when I boot the machine, as the login prompt
appears. the Xorg has not started, I have a console login prompt. Error
Message:

Jun 10 12:09:33 severino init: getty repeating too quickly on port
/dev/ttyv8, sleeping 30 secs.

This message repeats about once every 30 seconds.

Please tell me how to fix this, or where to get the infomation on how
to fix this.

Thank you for your time and attention

H Severino