6.2/i386 X/DRI issues

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Mon Jun 4 01:43:56 UTC 2007

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 15:11:26 +1000
Alex R <freebsd at schlossadler.net> wrote:

> > it's in the archives of the list - you need to install the mesa-demos
> > port.
>
> Installed it.
>
> [alex at desktop ~]$ glxinfo
> Error: unable to open display
>
> But thats because I am ssh'd into the box from work, I dare say it will work when I get home and test from within X.

( X forwarding over ssh to your local display ..? I am just not sure whether glxinfo calculations would be based on your remote display or your local one....)

> You are a champion :-) Thank you!
nw :)

btw, the Xorg.0.log snippet you sent previously looks good. Usually, when X tries to enable DRI and it fails to, you'll see a line like "DRI Disabled" (after all the other DRI info).

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"There is no limit to what a man can do or how far he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit."
   Robert Woodruff