Custom builds from ports

Rakhesh Sasidharan rakhesh at rakhesh.com
Sun Jul 29 12:06:09 UTC 2007

On Sun, July 29, 2007 01:37, N.J. Mann wrote:
> In message <46AB9EB4.5080305 at cyberleo.net>, CyberLeo Kitsana wrote:
>> Is there a way to specify which ports certain options are to be applied
>> to, without having to craft custom command lines and build ports
>> individually?
>
> Is  ports-mgmt/portconf  what you are looking for?

I didn't know about ports-mgmt/portconf (will check it out now) but what I
use is the make.conf file.

This blog post
(http://blog.innerewut.de/articles/2006/01/14/upgrading-ports-and-preserve-mak
e-options) is what enlightened me. And here's how the application specific
bits of my make.conf file looks:

.if ${.CURDIR:M*/shells/bash}
WITH_STATIC_BASH=yes
PREFIX=/
.endif

.if ${.CURDIR:M*/print/cups}
CUPS_OVERWRITE_BASE=yes
NO_LPR=yes
WITH_CUPS=yes
.endif

.if ${.CURDIR:M*/databases/mysql50-*}
# these two options supposedly give a speed boost
BUILD_OPTIMIZED=yes
BUILD_STATIC=yes
.endif

As you can see in the shells/bash case, I can even pass along PREFIX etc
arguments.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Rakhesh