Adaptec AAR-1220SA / AAR-1430SA

Rob r17fbsd at xxiii.com
Thu Jul 26 13:42:28 UTC 2007

Christopher Key wrote:
> I'm trying to establish whether I can expect the Adaptec AAR-1220SA or
> AAR-1430SA SATA cards to work with 6.2.  They're not on the list of
> supported hardware, which does include a lot of the other Adaptec

Some (maybe all?) of the Adaptec SATA cards used a Silicon Image "SiI" chipset, and were completely flaky unreliable junk under FBSD (the "DMA timeout" error mentioned previously.)  I think the ata developer gave up on them, thus their exclusion from the hardware list.  Check Adaptec's specs and see if you can find the chip set used.

   -RW