opera: Xorg needs 50% cpu

Martin Dieringer martin.dieringer at gmx.de
Sat Jul 21 08:07:45 UTC 2007

Hi,

since yesterday, my Xorg server suddenly needs about 50% cpu
constantly. When I close all tabs in Opera (about 30), it's gone.

When restoring them, it seems that the cpu percentage of Xorg goes up
by 1-2% with every tab.

Before yesterday I could have Opera open with all the tabs and have
cpu power down at 300Mhz and below.
I can't remember having changed any configuration or installing
anything. Rebooting didn't help.

Does anybody have any idea?
thanks
m.

Thinkpad 42p (ATI Technologies Inc M10 NT [FireGL Mobility T2] rev 128)

FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #8: Mon May 21 13:58:11 CEST 2007

opera 9.21

X Window System Version 7.2.0
Release Date: 22 January 2007
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 7.2
Build Operating System: FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE i386