portupgrade question

Michael S. Eubanks mse_software at charter.net
Thu Jul 19 17:57:11 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 12:29 -0500, Jonathan Horne wrote:
> ive been using 'portupgrade -apP' on my systems lately (since i keep a central
> repository of packages i build for my systems; a good bulk of them are used
> across most/all of them).
>
> in situations where new packages are built from ports (ie, when the package
> in /usr/ports/packages/All is no longer the most current), the -p is going
> back and repackaging lots of packages that already exist.  is there a way to
> tell portupgrade not to repackage things that are not new versions?
>
> thanks,

Don't use the ``p'' option.  Use something like ``-afrRPv''.

Force upgrade of all ports, their dependants and dependencies
(recursively), build a package of the the newly compiled port, and do it
verbosely.

Or just use ``-arRPv'' if you do not want to rebuild or reinstall
current ports (while still building packages).

-Michael S. Eubanks
 mse_software at charter.net