Data corruption with Ide Raid Card

Sat Jul 14 15:47:35 UTC 2007

Hi,

On our dev environnement, we have a clone server with a Promise FastTrak
Tx2000 Pata Raid Card

When we installed freebsd, it got detected and I didn't do anything special
during the installation.

Yesterday, a hard drive failed. Freebsd crashed with write errors on screen.
I rebooted and removed the hard drive marked as dead in the raid controller.

Freebsd booted up no problem, but I lost a couple of tables in some
databases in mysql.

Is there anything I forgot/did wrong to get into this problem ? or is it
just that these controllers are so crappy that explain the corruption ?

I more used to scsi hardware raid controllers in freebsd and never had a
data corruption problem before even when disk died or because we hot-removed
them.

Any idea ?