How to upgrade an exist freebsd to freebsd6.2 ?

Zbigniew Szalbot zbyszek at szalbot.homedns.org
Sat Jan 27 14:58:31 UTC 2007

Hello,

>> BTW: Does this upgrade procedure apply and can it be used   to go from
>> 6.1 to 6.2 freeBSD  too ?
>>

>> Thanks
>> DAk
>>
> yes, it will work from any version of 6 and up. It should work fine in 7
> unless the technique changes for some reason.

I upgraded from 6.1 to 6.2 last week following Eric's points which I like
for being clear and precise. The only issue you need to be cautious about
is when using mergmaster to merge changes for files you may have modified
in /etc/

I messed it up and as a result had to recrate /etc from a back up that I
accidentally (mind you!) made before upgrading.

Good luck!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot