How to upgrade an exist freebsd to freebsd6.2 ?

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Fri Jan 26 21:04:42 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 10:26:51PM +0200, Halid Faith wrote:

> I have a machine 6.0-RELEASE. How do I upgrade it to Freebsd6.2 without
> any problem?
> Could you advise a useful site about that ?
> After upgrade, May a problem like cannot login the system be ?

The first thing to do is read the handbook section on upgrading.
Once you have absorbed that as well as possible, you can then
ask more specific and useful questions that apply to your situation.
The general how to that you ask has already been written up quite
well and getting other general responses will just confuse you
rather than help.

So, study some first and then come back to the list.

The handbook is online at the FreeBSD web site as you probably
already know.

////jerry