how to enable linux flash player in firefox

Tijl Coosemans tijl at ulyssis.org
Sat Jan 27 14:44:05 UTC 2007

On Saturday 27 January 2007 13:20, Andreas Davour wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Jan 2007, Tijl Coosemans wrote:
> > Flash9 is very unstable though, so you'll probably want to stay
> > with flash7 for now.
>
> Since I have had serious problems getting even Flash7 to work,
> following instructions found here at the list, could you please
> summarize the steps for getting the older Flash version running? I'm
> begining to suspect something more is needed than the information
> I've found. Do e.g. I have to run firefox under Linux emulation?

When I need to access a flash site (and only then, the rest are ads
anyway), I simply use linux-firefox (or linux-opera) with
linux-flashplugin7. That works by simply installing those ports. No
extra configuration is necessary.

If you want to use flash with native freebsd browsers, you need to use
linuxpluginwrapper (only for FreeBSD 5.x and 6.x). The details are
explained at

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/desktop-browsers.html
http://freebsd.kde.org/howtos/konqueror-flash.php

If that doesn't work, please specify which FreeBSD version you're
using and which browser.