Daylight savings time / 6.1 and 4.11

Damian Wiest dwiest at vailsys.com
Tue Jan 23 01:23:28 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 01:31:22PM -0700, hal wrote:
> This came down from above?!
>
> Beginning in 2007, Daylight Savings Time will be lengthened one month
> by starting three weeks earlier (2AM on the second Sunday in March)
> and ending one week later (2AM on the first Sunday in November).
>

> What patch levels do I need to be at for my 4.7 and 6.1 systems to be
> daylight savings 2007 ready?
>
> Currently: 4.11-RELEASE-p25
>
> Currently: 6.1-RELEASE-p10
>
> hal

You can grab the latest zoneinfo file from http://www.nih.gov/ and
recompile it with /usr/sbin/zic.

Yeah, you could use the ports tree, but I prefer using methods that
are a little more portable across operating systems.  I've got like
two dozen different OS releases of various flavors to update with the
new timezone information.

-Damian