trouble mounting Olympus WS-310M voice recorder

Andrew Gould andrewgould at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 21 22:32:37 UTC 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Garrett Cooper <youshi10 at u.washington.edu>
To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2007 3:26:03 PM
Subject: Re: trouble mounting Olympus WS-310M voice recorder

Adding MSDOSFS_LARGE to the kernel didn't help.

I mounted the voice recorder successfully on Suse Enterprise Desktop 10.
Upon mounting, however, the following 10 lines similar to the one below (only the number is changed) are
added to dmesg:

     Buffer I/O error on device sda1, logical block 255884

This did not prevent Suse from mounting and reading the flash drive.

I don't feel comfortable using FreeBSD or Linux to reformat the device because
when I have the drive do the reformatting, it also creates several files.

Andrew