Looking to upgrade my hardware and run 6.2-RELEASE

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Sun Jan 21 22:26:17 UTC 2007

Since I tend to build my own boxes, I'd like to make sure my choice of
CPU/MB is good fro FBSD before I buy :-)

I'm looking at an AMD X2 64 5400 and an Abit AN9 32X.

The AN9 has:

NVIDIA nForce SPP 190/nForce 590 SLI MCP
Dual NV Gigabit LAN
6x SATA 3gb/s ports with RAID 0/1/0+1/5 JBOD support
(plus 2x SATA ports non-RAID)

I know that NVIDIA chipsets (at least used to) require separate
downloads of the chipset drivers. Is this still the case?

I've been using Abit MBs for years now, but I'm not necessarily tied to
them, if there are better suggestions from the list.

So anywho.. I'd appreciate any advice the list can provide. I'm a huge
fan of FBSD, and have been using it consistently since 2000 now. :)

Thanks in advance, everyone!

Best,
--Glenn