who's using that port?

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at digitaltorque.ca
Sat Jan 13 00:43:23 UTC 2007

I came home tonight to find my server with a full /var partition due
to httpd-error.log being very full of error messages. I cleaned it up,
and restarted apache to find that it wouldn't bind to ports 80 and 443
as they were in use.

netstat -na confirmed that they were, but not by who. There's no -p
argument to track the pid of the process using the port.

How do you track that on BSD?

Thanks,
Mike
--Albert Einstein