6.1 Freezes - Suspect SCSI Issue

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Wed Jan 10 22:54:50 UTC 2007

Jeff Royle wrote:

>> I've had freezes as you describe on two different servers with ahd and
>> SMP. The solution was to turn SMP off, unfortunately :(
>
> Are these Xeon's?  If so you might want to try disabling Hyper-threading

No. In my case one is an Athlon64 and the other an Opteron.

> FYI - I have used that particular controller successfully on several
> servers recently so I don't think that should be a overall issue for you.

In my case the controller is slightly different (29320), but I think the
driver is the problem.
It used to work flawlessly as long as I run 5.x, but started freezing as
soon as I upgraded to 6.1.
Notice, however, that I don't have data to support my thesis yet.

  bye
	av.