java plugin for firefox

Vince Hoffman jhary at unsane.co.uk
Wed Jan 10 22:26:24 UTC 2007

eoghan wrote:
> Hi
> Does anyone have a guide or advice for getting java plugin working for
> firefox? Im running 6.1 on amd.
> I have installed:
> diablo-jdk-5.0
> diablo-jre1.5.0
> linux-blackdown-jre1.1.8
> linux-sun-jdk1.4.2
> when i try to access a java app from firefox im always presented with
> the plugin missing page...
> I had it working on i386 before with just the installation of java...
> Im not sure what i have to do next...
sounds like you may not have the correct files/links in your plugin
directory.
whats the output of
ls -l /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins

and

ls -l /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/

if /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins doesnt have a symlink like
libjavaplugin_oji.so@ ->
/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
then try
cd /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins && ln -s
/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.solibjavaplugin_oji.so

and restart firefox and look at
about:plugins

Vince