Weird system hanging problem with crypted video output
hakmi at rogers.com
Mon Feb 26 10:49:21 UTC 2007
I have had this server running for 6 months now with no problems. Just today I've noticed the system began to freeze or hang with weird things on the console (attached gif file).
The system is running FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE-200609 i386 with 2GB DDR RAM (Kingston) and 2.8GHz CPU
There are no errors in any logs.
I've checked couple of things:
1) Power supply appears working ok (which I'm suspecting is going bad)
2) Motherboard is Intel D865GVHZ
3) I've noticed the CPU temperature was close to 59 C and M/B to 42 C
4) This is running on Promise RAID controller which says the RAID is functional fine.
5) No previous problems, reboots until now.
Any suggestions or experiences with this type of freeze ? Could it be a bad on-board video on the motherboard ?
More information about the freebsd-questions