freebsd/pf with pfstat

Olivier Regnier oregnier at steelbox.org
Sun Feb 25 14:13:18 UTC 2007

hello,

Im currently running on FreeBSD 6.2 with pf (packet filter). I installed
pfstat that collects packet filter statistic and produces graphs.

I added this line in my pf.conf and i restarted pf:
set loginterface $int_if

next step, i created pfstat.conf:

# bandwidth = 1 hour
collect 1 = interface "ndis0" pass bytes in ipv4 diff
collect 2 = interface "ndis0" pass bytes in ipv4 diff

image "/var/stats/pf/bytes_1hour.png {
from 1 hours to now
width 350 height 135
left
    graph 1 bps "in" "bits/s" color 0 192 0 filled
right
    graph 2 bps "out" "bits/s" color 0 0 255
}

i tested pfstat with this command in root:
pfstat -q

and nothing, my pfstat.log in /var directory is empty. I can't create
graphs. Can you help me please ?

Thank you :)