Automount : operation not permitted

Robert Davison rob_27_preston at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 25 08:16:29 UTC 2007

I'm unsing automount (amd) to mount to external drives. I'm getting the following error when trying to access the drives.

  /sun1: Operation not permitted.

  I've followed the example here: http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200202/automounting.html which gives the following section on errors.......
  A. ERRORS  Operation not permitted when mounting: one cannot mount a regular partition on top of another. Unmount the first partition before attempting to mount.

  Can anoyone please explain what this means in english ??? What is the first partition ?

  Its a sun storedge with two drives in it. One called /sun1, the other /sun2