problems with jail

Harald Schmalzbauer h.schmalzbauer at omnisec.de
Sat Feb 24 03:30:16 UTC 2007

Am Samstag, 24. Februar 2007 04:21 schrieb Jim Stapleton:
> I did the ssh after you did the previous mail, but it didn't fix the
> problem.
>
> I'm not having problems senmail or named, they were simply mentioned
> in the man page. I never had named running, and I didn't realize
> sendmail was running. The latter was my problem with sendmail. That
> problem as I said is fixed. Beyond that I don't even know which
> process on my system are daemons at this point, except usbd and devd,
> neither of which (to my knowledge) should be listening to any sockets.
> Actually there are a couple of kernel processes (pagedaemon, vmdaemon,
> and bufdaemon), but I don't know where to find documentation on them,
> X, and KDM. I can't find anything on limiting sockets of these to a
> specific IP only.

To see what daemons are listening you can use 'netstat -f inet -a'. Then you
see if you have to limit some other daemons (use -f inet6 for IPv6 if
configured).

Please post the output of the command above to see why you get ssh connections
to your jail IP answered by the host's ssh daemon.

-Harry

--
OmniSEC  -  UNIX und Windows Netzwerke - Sicher
Harald Schmalzbauer