problems with jail

Jim Stapleton stapleton.41 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 03:21:13 UTC 2007

I did the ssh after you did the previous mail, but it didn't fix the problem.

I'm not having problems senmail or named, they were simply mentioned
in the man page. I never had named running, and I didn't realize
sendmail was running. The latter was my problem with sendmail. That
problem as I said is fixed. Beyond that I don't even know which
process on my system are daemons at this point, except usbd and devd,
neither of which (to my knowledge) should be listening to any sockets.
Actually there are a couple of kernel processes (pagedaemon, vmdaemon,
and bufdaemon), but I don't know where to find documentation on them,
X, and KDM. I can't find anything on limiting sockets of these to a
specific IP only.

-Jim STapleton