origin of system message?

pete wright nomadlogic at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 01:58:19 UTC 2007

On 2/14/07, Robert Huff <roberthuff at rcn.com> wrote:
> pete wright writes:
>
> >  > >  > Feb 14 17:03:50 jerusalem kernel: Connection attempt to UDP 209.6.203.219:1026 from 202.97.238.130:52821
> >  > >  >
> >  > >  >    What program/process issues this, and at what facility and
> >  > >  > level?
>
> >  >         I don't want to stop the messages, merely re-direct them.
> >
> >  you can set that up in your syslog.conf(5) file.
>
>         <pointed look>
>         And in order to do that ... what information do I need?
>         </pointed look>
>         :-)

heh, sorry.  the man page for syslog.conf is pretty helpfull for
setting this stuff up.  the command to read it is "man 5 syslog.conf"
so that was short hand.  it'll show you how to setup rules for various
log messages and how to route them to different log files(or syslogd
servers).  i suspect you want a log file that'll just contain these
UDP and TCP connection attempts...

-pete

--
~~o0OO0o~~