Very Annoying PHP Errors

Peter Pluta peter at placidpublishing.net
Wed Feb 14 11:57:08 UTC 2007

I recently upgraded to 5.2.1_1. After upgrading (or before not exactly
sure) I began getting errors ALERT - canary mismatch on efree() - heap
overflow detected in my Apache logs. Also, certain parts of one of my
database (mysql) driven sites stopped working. Certain pages just
stopped working, they return a blank white page. I'm absolutely stumped
on what it could be. I have tried recompiling php 4-5x with different
options and re-installing apache etc... Nothing is working. I looked for
php bug reports, and found this one http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=40119
but it does not really pertain to me. Can anyone give some pointers or
tips on what to do?

Right now I am thinking of just downgrading to PHP 5.2.0 because that's
what worked last. Is there an easy way to downgrade ports?

Any feedback, tips, or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter