Help please: how to enable SSH password authentication under FreeBSD 6.2?

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 12 23:16:36 UTC 2007

On Monday, 12 February 2007 at 13:29:22 +0100, Olaf Greve wrote:
On Monday, 12 February 2007 at 14:54:26 +0100, Olaf Greve wrote:
On Monday, 12 February 2007 at 15:44:42 +0100, Olaf Greve wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> (Firstly: I posted this message well over an hour ago, and it does not
> seem to have come through, in case you recieve this twice, then I'm
> sorry for that :P )

Three times.

Once a week there's a regular posting on this list "How to ask
questions".  To quote:

  8.  If you don't get an answer immediately, or if you don't even see
      your own message appear on the list immediately, don't resend
      the message.  Wait at least 24 hours.  The FreeBSD mailer
      offloads messages to a number of subordinate mailers around the
      world, and sometimes it can take several hours for the mail to
      get through.  And once it gets through, the one person who might
      know the answer will probably just have gone to bed in his part
      of the world.

I know this message has been unchanged for years, and that most people
(myself included) normally delete it unread.  But from time to time
it's worth reminding yourself.

Greg