Low Level Language Suggestions: OT

Erich Dollansky oceanare at pacific.net.sg
Mon Dec 31 09:07:55 PST 2007

Hi,

Victor Subervi wrote:
>> Good point. Most legacy s/w is in C++. I'm assuming from lack of comment
>> that C# is as yet an unborn language ;)

there is another very simple problem with languages like C# or Java.

In the case of C, it is the developers machine which has to have the
proper software installed to compile it.

Java need the proper run-time and so the byte compiler installed on
every client machine. If you run into a very specific problem with the
byte-compiler, you have to have a specific version installed on all clients.

In case of C, you can do a static link to minimise this impact.

Erich