I installed FreeBSD, but managed to completely fail at getting the man pages installed.

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Mon Dec 31 06:55:14 PST 2007

> None of the default man pages were installed on my system when I
> installed FreeBSD recently. I figured I forgot some part of the
> install (accidentally forgot to click something). Does anyone know how
> I can trivially obtain the base install's man pages?

Boot up the system and log in as root.  Then run sysinstall.  Select
Custom -> Distributions -> Custom.  From there you can select the
man distribution.  Then OK your way back until sysinstall actually
installs the man pages.

I expect you selected a "minimal" install when you installed, which
doesn't include man pages.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com