Suggestions please for what POP or IMAP servers to use

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Thu Dec 13 21:05:25 PST 2007

Which is a really dumb attitude since the dovecot developer was
not the author of the IMAP standard and probably was in diapers
when the standard was first written:

http://www.imap.org/about/history.status.html

And in addition, who can use a server that no client can connect to?

So there are a lot of mail clients that have IMAP bugs.  So what?
What is important?  Users being able to manipulate mail on the
server with their client of choice, or a server that is almost
impossible to connect to?

Consider also that the majority of webinterfaces to mailservers
are written using the uw-c-client imap libraries.  So you go ahead
and install dovecot - then watch when you install a webinterface
the port manager sucking in the uw imap stuff anyway.  Might as
well run the uw imap server if your going to run the uw libraries.

Ted
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:15 AM