Memory leak with conky, anyone else?

Modulok modulok at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 20:56:28 PST 2007

I get the feeling Conky 1.4.8 (the sysutil), or one of the libs it
links against, has a memory leak. I do not have any hard evidence yet
(like a patch to fix it), but the memory consumption slowly climbs to
what appears to be excessive. I did read the manual page about:

   "Conky is generally very good on resources. However, certain objects  in
    Conky  are  harder  on resources then others....If  you  do use them,
    please do not complain about memory or CPU usage, unless you think
    something's seriously wrong..."

I am using those features, but I still think something is seriously
wrong. The following is after running for 6.5 days:

top;
  PID USERNAME   THR PRI NICE   SIZE    RES STATE    TIME   WCPU COMMAND
  791 Modulok      1  96    0   280M   278M select  42:37  0.00% conky

ps -u;
  USER      PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ   RSS  TT  STAT STARTED      TIME COMMAND
  Modulok   791  0.0 13.7 286708 284912  v0  S    Fri09AM  42:35.18 conky

Anyone else have similar issues?
-Modulok-