Rob Messick robmessick at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 13:13:34 PST 2007

Tino Engel wrote:
> Aryeh M. Friedman schrieb:
>>

>>> You could make a softlink...
>>>

>> Thats what raised the question I was doing ln -s
>> /usr/local/modules/fuse.ko /boot/kernel/fuse.ko
>>

> And it did not work?

Yeah, if you put a kernel module in /boot/kernel,  installkernel will
wipe it out when you install a new kernel.  That's why there is
/boot/modules for kernel modules.  installkernel shouldn't touch that.

Change to: ln -s /usr/local/modules/fuse.ko /boot/modules/fuse.ko

or

add this to /boot/loader.conf:
    module_path="/boot/modules:/usr/local/modules"
    fusefs_load="YES"